I was nominated by Jemima at The Bookaholic. Thank you so much, Jemima! Be sure to check out her blog, because she has some really fantastic stuff there.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. How many pages do you read in a day?
It varies, depending on how much I’m enjoying the book I’m reading and if it’s a busy day for me or not. If I really love a book and have lots of free time, it’s nothing for me to read 150 pages a day. I’ve been known to start and finish 300-ish page books in a single day if I have the time and can stay awake long enough. 🙂
2. How do you start your day?
More often than not, sluggish and grouchy because I’ve stayed up far too late either reading or working on my blog.
3. What popular book (or series) have you (shamefully) never read?
The Harry Potter series. Not because I don’t want to, though. (It’s on my TBR list.) I got into Harry Potter by (reluctantly) agreeing to watch the first movie with my kids when they were young, and I loved it. I knew there were more movies coming, so I put off reading the books so the movies wouldn’t be spoiled for me. I recently got the series, but I’ve been busy reading other things and haven’t gotten to them yet.
4. Who is your book crush?
James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
5. Who is your favourite artist?
I don’t have a single favorite artist per se, and I don’t know a lot about art, but I know what I like when I see it. 🙂 Some of the artists whose work I admire are Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Botticelli, Rembrandt Peale, and Norman Rockwell.
6. What is your favourite meal?
Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings!
7. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Try to stop myself from having a billion thoughts racing through my mind before I manage to think of something that won’t let me fall asleep. (Anxiety sucks!)
8. What is your favourite bookshop?
A local used bookstore. It was there that I found a copy of Outlander, so naturally, it’s my favorite place to look for books. And I’ve found lots of gems there!
9. Where do you want to travel?
Scotland and Ireland. But since it means crossing an ocean, it’s never going to happen. LOL
10. What is your favourite place to read?
At home, curled up on the couch.
11. What do you like most about blogging?
Two things in equal measure: The writing, because I always enjoyed the process and the creativity of it; and the chance to have discussions with others who have similar interests to mine.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I hate to throw books away, even when they’re damaged.
- One of my favorite (old) TV shows is The Waltons, even though I hated it when I was a kid.
- I adore playing The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 on my computer.
- My favorite singer is Rick Springfield.
- I enjoy ironing.
- I love to tell really bad jokes. The worse it is, the harder I laugh.
- My favorite color is pink.
- I read my first Jackie Collins novel when I was 11 years old. (It was Chances.)
- I’ve never been to the circus.
- I’ve never had a broken bone.
- I love to watch documentaries about things that interest me.
- Who is your favorite author?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not reading?
- What is your favorite creative thing to do?
- What is the TV show or movie you dislike the most?
- What is your favorite author quote? (Either from a book, or something they said.)
- How many books, on average, do you buy (or borrow) in a month?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you have plenty of free time?
- What was the first book series you loved so much, you had to read it again?
- What was your most disappointing read in the past year?
- What was the last book you read that surprised you because it was so good, even though you didn’t expect to like it very much?
Who I’m nominating: