Thanks to Beth at The Books are Everywhere for nominating me! If you’re not familiar with her blog, do check it out! I think you’ll enjoy it. 🙂
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Why did I start this blog?
As I said on my About page: “I’ve always enjoyed writing, and have been told I’m pretty good at it, but I haven’t written anything in years. I missed the creativity of it, so I decided to give blogging a try.”
Having a blog (mostly) about books was an easy decision, since I love to read so much. I’m slowly adding other things I enjoy, as well, since a one-topic blog isn’t as much fun to write.
Tips for new bloggers?
- Sharing your blog posts on social media is a great way to make potentially interested readers aware of your blog. I’ve found Facebook and especially Twitter to be a big help with that.
- It takes time to find your ‘voice’… a way of expressing yourself in your writing that feels true to who you are. Don’t feel frustrated if it takes a while to find it. You will!
- Follow The Daily Post and take part in the Daily Prompts, Discover Challenges, or Photo Challenges, and don’t forget to create a pingback! (Instructions are given on how to do it, if you don’t know how, on the challenge pages.) Not only is it good blogging practice and fun to do, it’s a good way to meet and interact with other bloggers.
(Shamelessly stealing this part from Beth, because I think it’s a great idea. It’s torture waiting to be tagged for something you want to be tagged for sometimes.)
You! Yes, you… the person reading this right now. If you’ve never been tagged for this, and wanted to be, consider yourself tagged. 🙂
- Simply a Book Drunkard
- The Belgian Reviewer
- The Cottonwood Tree
- Wicked Pretty Pop
- Shh, I Am Reading
- Cup of Books
- The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Of SnailMail, Books & Vanities
- Your Reality is an Illusion
If you’ve already done this, or simply don’t want to