Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
Create 7 questions for your nominees.
Nominate 7 other bloggers.
I was nominated by Kei @The Lovely Pages Reviews. Thank you so much, Kei! I really appreciate it. (Don’t forget to check out her blog, it’s great!)
1. Name the most re-read book on your shelf.
Going off the small shelf that’s within my sight, I’d have to say Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I might have read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon as many times as Gone with the Wind by now, so it deserves a mention, as well.
2. Have you ever spoiled the ending of a book for yourself or others?
Yes, on both counts. When I looked to see how many pages a book had, I would often see something on the final page I wish I hadn’t seen. As for spoiling an ending for others? I certainly did that for anyone who read my review (despite the spoiler warnings) of Rhett Butler’s People before they read the book.
3. Do you read negative reviews?
Yes, from time to time.
4. Name a book you’ve lied about reading or not reading.
I can’t think of any time I ever did that. There are a lot of really popular books that I was very vocal with friends about not wanting to read, and why, even though they kept trying to talk me into reading <insert various titles here>.
The closest example I can come up with is talking about a book with someone and saying I wanted to read it, only to change my mind or forget about it after a while.
5. Series or standalones?
I have nothing against stand-alone novels, but I prefer to read series. That way, I can spend a long time reading about the characters I’ve grown to love (or hate) before I finally have to say goodbye to them.
6. Name the book you’re currently reading.
Right now I’m reading The Sister by Louise Jensen. I’ve only just begun, but there are already questions I need to have answered! I have a feeling it’s not going to take me long to finish this one. I love psychological thrillers!
7.Would you rather re-read the same book forever or forget every book you finish reading? (I’m so evil *insert evil laugh*)
Kei, you are truly wicked! This is the Kobayashi Maru of book-related questions! Before I committed myself to either (unthinkable) choice, I’d have to first channel my inner Captain Kirk to try and find a way around it. If he could find a way to win a no-win scenario, surely there must be hope for me, right? Right?!
I’d probably end up reading the same book forever. LOL In which case, I would choose a series bundle I loved, because that would be an easy-to-do cheat. 😉
- What is your favorite subject to blog about, that is NOT the main topic on your blog?
- What book has everyone said you should read, that you have zero interest in reading? Why?
- Have you ever seen a movie that was better than the book? Which one, and why?
- If you could spend an evening with an author whose work you admired, who would it be, and what would you like to do during your visit with him/her?
- What is your favorite genre (or genres) to read?
- Something I love to do when I’m not reading is binge-watching one of my favorite TV series. What are your favorite TV series’ to binge-watch?
- As I mentioned above, I love to read book series. What is your favorite book series?
- Brooklynn @brooklynnjennifer
- Rebeca @Books and Messy Buns
- Dimples @Dimples in Progress
- Abbie Lu @Cafe Book Bean
- Jennifer @Great Expectations
- Nivedita @Weird and Wonderful Books!
- Jemima @The Bookaholic
And, as always, if you’re reading this and have never been nominated for this award, and you want to do it… I nominate YOU! 🙂