I’ve already done the Liebster once, but no one said I couldn’t do it again. 😉 Shealea @that bookshelf bitch nominated me this time. Thanks so much Shealea! Don’t forget to check out her blog… lots of good stuff there!
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
These are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
Questions from Shealea:
1. Since it’s halfway through the year, what are the best and worst reads you’ve encountered so far this 2016?
The worst read so far this year was Whitefern by V.C. Andrews. It’s a LOT harder to pick the best read. I’ve read several that I deemed Books Worth Reading. Any of the titles on the list qualifies, but if I HAD to choose… it would be Evicted by Matthew Desmond (nonfiction) and Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly (historical fiction).
2. What fear have you overcome this year? If you haven’t yet, what fear would you like to overcome?
I have anxiety, so I have a lot of fears (rational and otherwise). They come and go depending on how I’m feeling on a particular day. Until I get that under control, I’m not sure I can say with certainty that I’ve overcome any of them. So what I would like to overcome is anxiety itself!
3. If you were a Pokemon gym leader, what type of Pokemon (i.e. fire, water, electric) would you be battling with?
Umm… no clue on this one. The only thing I know about Pokemon is my kids used to love watching it, and I spent a small fortune buying the cards for all three of them. LOL
4. What genre (book/movie/whatever) have you never tried? Would you consider giving it a shot one day?
I don’t think I’ve ever read a cozy mystery. I would probably read one someday, if I found one that interested me.
5. What are your go-to activities whenever you feel like procrastinating?
Getting online. Binge watching one of the many TV series I’ve collected on DVD/BD. Playing video games. (Which reminds me… I haven’t played any games in a very long time!) And of course… reading!
6. Has a song ever inspired you to write or to create something? What’s the title of the song? How did it inspire you?
Yes, several songs inspired me to write poetry, and later, short stories. It was usually a particular line or two in the song that would get me thinking… and then a poem or short story was born. But that was a long time ago. LOL
7. Who is your favorite and least favorite fictional heroine?
Yikes! Another tough one. A few of my favorites are:
- Claire Randall Fraser (Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon)
- Scarlett O’Hara (Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell)
- Lucky Santangelo (Santangelo series by Jackie Collins)
Least favorites… I can’t think of any. I guess that’s a detail I easily forget about. LOL
8. What fictional OTP are you most strongly against and why? (Read: NOTP)
I… have no idea.
9. What is the one thing you dislike so much you’ll never run out of reasons to rant about it?
People who stigmatize the mentally ill and the poor, who would rather believe (and perpetuate) the stereotypes despite abundant evidence they have been proven false.
10. What is the most inspiring thing you’d ever been told by someone?
I’ve had several friends tell me I’m a good writer, and should write a book. It feels wonderful to have people believe in you like that!
11. Which blogger(s) have you admired from a distance (so to speak) and want to be friends with?
Oh, you put me on the spot, and now I can’t think of anyone! Anyone I have several interests in common with is an apt answer, though. 🙂
- Monique @That Wild Soul
- Mrs. Craft @craftandothercrazyplans
- Paardje @Of SnailMail, Books & Vanities
- Kate @Your Reality is an Illusion
- A Not So Jaded Life
- Mommy Book Blogger
- Donish @Book It With Don!
- Leanne @The Neverending Story
- Ocean Full of Books
- Chloe @XLiteratureLove
- Michelle @The Reading Belle
And, as always, YOU! Consider yourself nominated if you’ve never been nominated for the Liebster Award. 🙂
If you’ve already done this, or don’t want to, that’s totally fine.
- When did you start your blog?
- What is the post on your blog that you’re most proud of writing?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you enjoy doing crafts or DIY projects? What kind?
- Who is your favorite music artist/band to listen to?
- What is the household chore you HATE the most?
- If you could go back in time ten years and give yourself some advice, what would you say to your ten-years-younger self?
- What’s your favorite quote from a book, movie, or tv show?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- If you could live in any time period in history, anywhere in the world, when and where would it be?